The kids are back in school, studying minibeasts, harvest time, the Great Fire of London . . . but what about you? Whether it’s for your career, your health or just for fun, here are five local courses where you can learn something new too:
1. Ballet isn’t just for kids. Chiswick-based Ballet4Life offers day and evening classes at a range of levels.
2. Have you thought about going to work for yourself? Check out Ealing Mums in Business for their training workshops and classes.
3. Acquire a new DIY skill with I Sew Love That in Acton. Learn about your new sewing machine, upholster your dining chairs or make your own curtains.
4. Change the way you experience life with a meditation, mindfulness or Buddhism class at the West London Buddhist Centre in Westbourne Park. They’re offering a free introduction to mindfulness-based stress-reduction on Tuesday the 16th of September. Classes are available in Ealing as well.
5. The Macbeth Centre in Hammersmith and Fulham have courses that range from bicycle maintenance to teacher training or Moroccan cookery to journalism.
6. Capture memories of your family you’ll cherish forever at a Photography for Parents course. Who knows, you might find a hidden talent and turn it into a profession!
7. Christie’s —yes that Christie’s hosts a range of short courses, from art history to an Introduction to Wine.
9. Perhaps you’re looking for a little inspiration to get your groove back. On Thursday 18th September we have a great Back to Work event in Chiswick, featuring the School for StartUps, returnships for women returners, career coaches and a stylist, who will have you going back to work feeling and looking great.