KEW MIDSUMMER FETE CELEBRATES ITS 10TH ANNIVERSARY ON SATURDAY 22 JUNE 2019
As plans get underway for the 10th anniversary of Kew Midsummer Fete on Saturday 22nd June, this popular event has received a Community Heroes Award for its contribution to local life. Chairman Mike Glazebrook and members of the Committee were proud to accept the Highly Commended 2nd place in the Community Project category from Richmond Upon Thames Council. This was in recognition of the Committee’s work raising more than £100k for local community and voluntary groups.
Celebrating this great award and its 10th anniversary, Kew Midsummer Fete is also continuing the tradition of a fete or fair on Kew Green which has lasted for more than 250 years. All the usual attractions continue to pull the crowds to this fun family day out and will feature again this year on Saturday 22nd June 11-6pm, entry is free:
· Traditional Vintage Fairground – Reuben Bond’s Ferris wheel, Carousel & Helter Skelter, Flying Chair-o-planes and tots Merry-go-round of vintage vehicles
· Over 110 Stalls – a wonderful array from jewellery and plants to clothing and homewares including a Craft Marquee full of hand-crafted goods
· The Stage - Live Music from local bands & dance, choir & karate groups
· Friendly Dog Show – the highlight of the day with local pooches competing in different categories including ‘Best old dog’ and ‘Dog with best trick’ and a VIP judge
· Food Court – a mouth-watering choice of traditional and exotic food and drink, ice cream, cakes, Fuller’s beer on tap, a prosecco van and tea tent
· Tug of War – local teams compete including children and the Committee Ladies
· Mobile Farm, Fun Inflatables & Beat the Goalie – plenty for children to enjoy
· Charity Raffle - over 20 great prizes including a star prize, adult & kids’ lucky dips
New sponsors are coming forward to join those who have loyally supported the event over the years and stalls are already being booked so it promises to be a memorable day. A few special 10th anniversary features are being planned to highlight this milestone, so look out for these on the Fete’s Facebook and Twitter pages and dedicated website in the coming months.
For further information see www.kewfete.org or contact Maarit Lilley, Press & Publicity firstname.lastname@example.org